I talked to a couple of composers I know:

Thay don't make any distiction between Major and Minor keys, i.e.
G natural minor is the same as Bb major as far as they're concerned.

If it was harmonic or melodic minor, they put accidentals where appropriate.

But for them it's notation on a printed page. They are not as involved in
software
issues like we are talking about here. They turn that over to a copyist.

However, a copyist dees NOT know which kind it is when he sees the key
signature. He just sees
"two flats." So, giving them an artificial name is nonsensical.

In other words, the composer/arranger does not say "by the way this is G minor,
not Bb major" or vica versa.

bill sinclair
billsi...@aol.com