This is something that has always bugged me.  There are many cases where
the last note before an ending ties, and the tie goes into the first
note of BOTH the first and second ending.  In fact, that is the normal
case of a tie.  In my view, it is invalid to right a tie going into the
first ending if the tie doesn't also go into the second ending.

The normal way of notating this is to show "the right half of the tie"
going into the first note of the second ending.  But Finale doesn't do
this.  It seems that it should be automatic.  It would seem to be very
straightforward to say "If an ending begins with a note and the measure
before the ending ended with a tie, then draw the right end of the tie
going into the ending."

I cannot find any option that does this.  Am I missing something?