Yes, Chris.  Thank you.  this requires more fussing than I am willing to do.  I
think Finale should serve the needs of more modern notation practices better -
more easily and clearly than it does.  I rarely encounter this kind of need,
but I can understand why others would need this - perhaps often.

I also tried to figure out how to use the text repeats you suggested (repeat
tool repeats) instead of expressions.  Of course there are playback advantages
as well as the fact that they will show up at the end of a MM rest, but I am
having the devil of a time trying to figure out the positioning.  They don't
seem to be set up in relation to right and left bar lines as expressions are -
at least so it appears to me.  Am I missing something?

I may have to bite the bullet and enter duplicate expression repeats and
hide/show according to need.  That too seems kludgy to me - as does the widowed
measures that show up when MM rests break to show the repeat expressions.  I
don't think FInal handles this well, and I'd sure like to see it improved in
2014 - or whenever they release a real upgrade.  This is not bells and whistles
to me - it's an everyday need.

Thanks for all the help.

Chuck