If you want one time signature for each section, the best way is to create a
certain number of systems that only show time signatures. For these systems,
you hide everything (staff lines, bar lines, etc.) apart from the time
signatures. You set the systems which actually have music in them to not show
time signatures. In Document Options > Fonts set the font for Time (score) to
something suitably large.

With this technique, you have total flexibility in the vertical placement of
the time signatures.

Michael Cook