>Eh, what's wrong with 10x13? It is extremely standard in orchestra parts.

... in the states perhaps.

>I am surprised the site list 11x14 as "second best". 11x14 is awful...

it (or B4) can be very useful for performance scores (say 3-5 or so
players) but not for individual parts.

>I also don't get the objection to a 1-inch margin all around. That
>is also quite standard.

i wonder how much of this is "standard" because of the typical
default settings in electronic documents in the states.  a quick
browse through editions i have shows a 2 cm (or slightly larger, even
sometimes less) margin in bound scores.  except in a hal leonard i
have, and there the 1" on the left of the left page is to the left
barline and does not include brackets (so the real margin is less
than 1").

on the site the thing i specifically objected to was the 1.5"
mandatory margin for scores to be bound.  even the 1" (2.54 cm)
margin is on the upper end of the spectrum of what is actually found
in printed editions.  a 2 cm margin is more than sufficient.  that
extra cm on the page width can be crucial in tough layouts.