I also like 9.5"x12.5" for parts.  I got a batch of 12.5"x19" from Vallé Music
here in L.A. a few years ago - don't remember the price, but they had it in
stock - not a custom cutting job.  It works great with my printer, which prints
up to 13"x19" page sizes.

I recently did a copy job for Tori Amos and the Metropole Orchestra.  They
wanted A3 (11.69"x16.53") for the scores and B4 (10.14"x14.33") for the parts.

On Nov 1, 2012, at 11:08 AM, SN jef chippewa wrote:

>> 9.5"x12.5" is also quite common in NYC circles
>> -- it's probably more widely used than either
>> 9"x12" or 10"x13".
>
> ah, interesting, anyone know where this format
> came from?  the canadian music centre uses this
> format for its parts.  as i understood they went
> that way in part because of the OSM librarian's
> practices.  they also have 9x12, 11x14, tabloid
> and of course letter.
>
> i really liked this format but avoid it for my
> own needs since i left montréal and could no
> longer pick up stuff i had printed there myself.

Lon Price
lonpr...@txstnr.com
http://www.txstnr.com/