On Wed, November 20, 2013 2:39 pm, Eric Dannewitz wrote:
> Audio editing.....not sure if that is a biggie. Finale does have, I think, the
> ability to include/record audio. But how many people actually use that?

I'm not sure. I certainly do, and have for years. I have scores that include
electronic sections that need to show as waveforms, fx tracks, include synth
instrument versions, etc. It would be a great boon for scoring, say, to
include and EDIT sound effects and music right in-score -- think of Vegas,
with its music generator. The whole score could be built in place instead of
swapping out to an audio application, bringing it back, stretching or
shrinking, transposing, etc.

> What I'd like to see is way way better midi/notation integration. I'm still
> amazed at the poor midi output Finale generates when I dump a score out of it
> and load it into Digital Performer or Logic.

INTEGRATION with them, exactly, so that edits in Logic or Sonar would appear
in the Finale score, in the audio file, and multi-vice-versa.

Dennis