Hmmmm.  That may account for everything.  I'll go back in and test that
this afternoon. However, my situation is that I have an 8-bar section
between double pars.  The "To Coda" happens at the end of the 7th bar.
I want it to show a 7-bar mm rest with the "To Coda" carefully placed at
the rightmost end of the 7-bar mm rest so that it is obvious the jump
happens before that 8th bar.  In the score, I have the "To Coda" placed
to the right of the 7th bar, but when Finale puts the MM rest into the
parts, the "To Coda" ends up in a really stupid place.  Not only does it
land on top of the "7", it isn't anywhere near the right end of the
block and I can't move it manually.

It seems like a catch-22.  I will try finessing this by breaking and
rebuilding the mm rest, but I suspect I will just end up with the same
problem.  I'd really like to avoid the solution Christopher offered
because playback is important,  But it may come to that.

Thanks guys.