You need something besides the staff style in the measures in order that Finale
not convert them to MM rests. Why not copy the notes in the original measure
into all the following measures and then cover them with the staff style? Once
they are covered with the staff style, Finale knows not to space those measures
out as large as the origin measure, so you lose nothing by copying in the
material. Besides, it will play back correctly, if that's a consideration.

Chuck Israels
(360) 201-3434
Sent from my iPad