It's a focus issue. After switching back to Finale from another application,
you need to manually click on the menubar once before any of the keyboard
shortcuts work. Text insert shortcuts also often require an additional click on
the menubar before they begin working again.

Cheers,

- DJA
-----
WEB: http://www.secretsocietymusic.org