Well, I had programmed most of my keyboard combination shortcuts
directly in MacOS, and thought that it was a real advantage of the OS to
be able to do that.

Initially, I was crashing whenever I tried to edit an expression - Tech
Support had me do a total reinstall, and when that failed they
attributed it to "a conflict with custom keyboard shortcuts set up on OS X."

I did spend a few minutes trying to reinstall QuicKeys, but it didn't
seem to be working in Fin2012, and I'm afraid I'm not prepared to spend
the time trying to go through the hoops the forum suggests for using it
with Mavericks, even if I could understand them.

I would really like to see compatibility with OSX keyboard shortcuts
resolved in an (upcoming?) 2014b upgrade - that was simple enough that I
could use it.

John