If someone could crosspost this to the choral list, I would appreciate it. Dale
Noble was a choir director locally. He is known outside of Hawaii as Weston
Noble's brother, but he was deeply respected here in his own right. He was
greatly influential in the course of music in Hawaii. Many local musicians can
trace their understanding of not only their own music but the music of the
classics to Dale.

To me he was a mentor, a friend, and a gentle spirit. I will miss him.

A message from Dale Noble's son Dean:
Aloha Everyone. My mother, Alice, and I have been flooded with thoughtful phone
calls, e-mails and postings about my father's death. While we knew my father
was well loved in Hawaii and in the world of music, even we have been surprised
at the waves of love and aloha. It means so much to us. Thank you.

The details: He passed away about 90-minutes after being admitted to Cottage
Hospital here in Santa Barbara on Saturday. He has (blessedly) been in my
parents beautiful Santa Barbara garden apartment up until then. Just a few
months ago, his trainer at 24-Hour Fitness liked to show off his 82-year-old
client who could "plank" for two minutes. However, he had "CLL" chronic
lymphocytic leukemia. His body was not able to produce a good amount of
healthy, white blood cells (as I understand it). In the last ten months, he had
rallied from a tumor surgery on his face and wrestled with chemo-therapy ...
but, ultimately, his body was unable to fight off a pneumonia-like infection in
his lungs.

His heart was strong. His mind was sharp. His spirit was blessed. He was
gregarious. And, though he required some assistance during the last week or
two, the forearms of this choral conductor were strong-as-steel up to the end.

We are planning a Santa Barbara Memorial and will post about that soon.

A Honolulu Memorial is being planned for late June or early July at
Calvary-by-the-Sea Lutheran Church in Aina Hina.

We hope to have plenty of music at both. Please stay tuned and help us spread
the word.

Imua!

Dean