I am the only user of my  computer yet I was told by the computer to seek
advice from "the administrator" for permission to use my machine as I
wished.  On my laptop, using Windows 7, I had to resort to subterfuge to
change the time because I didn't have permission!  It's ridiculous.

I have also had to keep another computer running on XP because a couple of
programmes I use almost every day do not run on systems later than XP but,
of course, this is another issue.

At least it's sorted now.

Cheers,

Lawrence

On 30 April 2014 23:00, Phil Buglass <bloke...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Unfortunately, even as the only user on the
> system, and with a administrator-level id, I am
> not allowed to do certain things.  I have had
> files and folders that I am not allowed to delete
> - even though I created them and have every permission known to modern man!
> Microsoft is targetting business users/multiple
> use machines so much that they have forgotten the
> concept of the personal PC.  I live alone and
> nobody else ever has their grubby hands on my
> keyboard.   I don't need their nanny service to
> protect me!   If I *do* screw something up, then
> that is my problem - they certainly won't help anyway...
>
> I am running win 7 Ultimate, 64-bit.  I would
> have loved to stay on XP, but too many of my
> programs would no longer run, and required an
> update.   There is now the potential problem of
> no more support or upgrades for XP, but that
> hardly matters.  My machine will not install most
> microsoft updates anyway without throwing a
> fit.   Tech support is useless, always falling
> back on the "oh, it must be the other fellow's
> software causing the problem..." reply.
>
> Sorry, this rant is not really meant for this
> group, I just couldn't help myself!
>
> Phil.
>
> --
Lawrenceyates.co.uk