A couple of hours of work doing a clean reinstall of 2014b seems to have fixed
the unable to undo problem - at least for the moment.  It's a rather painful
process, and I didn't dare keep a copy of my old preferences since corrupted
preference files seemed to be at least a part of the problem.

On another subject:

I have always used expressions for coda  and DS signs (maybe just out of
habit), and the problem with that is that they only show up when attached to
the first measure of a MM rest, requiring extra hidden expressions in the score
in order to have them show correctly in the parts (without a separated "widow"
measure to show the "to coda" sign).  In other words, you can set the
expression to break a MM rest and get something that might have a 7 measure MM
rest and one more measure showing the sign, instead of an 8 measure MM rest
with the sign showing where you'd put it if you were doing it by hand - at the
end of the 8 measure rest.  There are ways around this, but they are cluttered
and inelegant.

OK, so I am trying to set up Text Repeats, which do show up when attached to
the end of MM rests.  I have edited them into Bill Duncan's Rehearsal font, but
I don't see how to set them to default positions the way you can set a default
positioning for an expression.  Am I missing something, or do you have to set
the position of each text repeat as you enter it?

Thanks,

Chuck

Chuck Israels
8831 SE 12th Ave.