I am running Finale 2014B.  I recently upgraded my workstation.  I would
have preferred to keep it at Windows 7, but the only practical option
was Windows 8.1.

Since that time, I am having crashes about once an hour -- and not
necessarily on the same functions.  The crashes seem random.  In most
cases, Finale was able to do an autosave during the crash, so I haven't
lost much, if anything.  But still it is annoying.

I did the B patch about the same time, so it is possible the crashes are
more connected to the B patch than the Windows 8.1 migration.

Is anybody else having frequent random crashes in Finale with Windows 8.1?