Thank you for your response.  Actually, I couldn't figure out how to use the
spelling tables either.  Under Minor Keys, the default altered notes are #6 &
#7, but that does not result in a raised 7th.  The other two choices are b7 &
b8.  I've tried every combination of those options, but still get a Gb instead
of an F# in the key of G harmonic minor.  What am I doing wrong here?

I do bounce between Favor Sharps/Favor Flats, but that gets cumbersome, and
sometimes I need both, as with an augmented III chord.

Thanks, too, for the helpful info on importing MIDI.

Patricia Spedden