I just tried this:

Key set to G minor (“Minor Key” is chosen in the Key Signature dialog).
Enharmonic Spelling is set to “Use Spelling Tables”.
Minor Key Spelling table is set to default: #2, b3, b4, b6, b7.

If I enter an F# using my MIDI keyboard, an F# appears in the score. Do you not
get this result with the settings above?

Best wishes,
Michael