On 5/31/2015 6:42 PM, Barbara Touburg wrote:
> Yesterday I've sent this to the list:
>
> ---
>
> FinWin2014
>
> Suddenly Finale says that there is no MIDI out device. It was there this
> afternoon, but has disappeared. I choose Default MIDI output device, but
> Finale won't remember this choice.
> I have restarted Finale, restarted the computer, disconnected and
> reconnected the cable, restarting the computer in between, to no avail.
> What's going on here?
>
> ---
>
> Does anyone have a solution?
> I've opened a case with MM. No response yet.

What is showing up in the list of possible Midi Out devices?

Does your midi interface require power?  Is it turned on?  Does it show
up in your Device Manager?  (Control Panel / Device Manager / Sound,
video and game controllers)
I'm using a MOTU interface which has 2 midi-in and midi-out ports and a
button, which if it's pressed changes how the interface works and then
it doesn't show up the same way in the lists of midi devices.  Perhaps
your interface has a similar button which has gotten pushed the wrong
way inadvertently?

What interface or external midi device are you attempting to use?

Does it show up in the Midi-In listing but not in the Midi-Out listing?

I think that if we have more information we might be better able to help
you.

--
David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com