You shouldn't have to install it more than once. Are you doing complete system
re-installs or updates? Once it is installed, it is supposed to co-exist
peacefully with the latest Java and you shouldn't have to touch it again.

Or maybe when you update the NEW Java, it disables Java 6? That would surprise
me too, but MakeMusic is a little behind the times (okay, a lot!)

Christopher