I've never used the retranscribe option before, and since I still have some
leftover places with unusually-tied notes from before the fix, I'd though I'd
try it.

When I retranscribe, long notes get an extra 8th note tied to the end, and if
it is followed by another note, it overlaps the next pitch... in the same
voice.  I changed the quant settings from 16th down to 32nd and got the same
result.

I'm not going to mess with it any longer... just some observations to report.

Douglas