"Hi had it confirmed yesterday by finale that they do not support poly chords"

I have no idea what you are talking about.

"• Alternate Bass: Type a slash (/), an underscore (SHIFT+hyphen), or a bar
symbol (|) to indicate whether an alternate bass note should appear next to,
below, or slightly to the right of the chord, respectively. Finale knows that
what you type after the slash, underscore or bar is the alternate bass note for
the chord."

https://www.finalemusic.com/UserManuals/Finale2012Mac/Content/Finale/ID_MENU_CHORD_MANUAL.htm

Cheers,

- DJA