You’re probably right as to older charts Craig.  I’ve seen it before as well,
but not for a long time now.  There might also be some fundamental difference
in regions at play here.  When I worked in LA, minor 7th chords were written as
Cm7 or Cmi7, where as on the East coast it was notated as C-7.  Still that way
Darcy?

I even did a session once where major 7th chords were notated a C7, but with a
French 7 having a small horizontal line thru it.  The first run-thru was a
major train wreck for me until I listened and figured it out.

Your polychord example to me would imply exactly what you state.  A C triad in
the LH and D in the RH.  There would also be the variable of inverting the RH
triad.  I would most likely not invert the LH triad, but, ya never know.
Everything is played in context as to style and sound.

J D Thomas
ThomaStudios