> On Mar 28, 2016, at 12:06 PM, Dr. Raphael D. Thöne
> <raphael.tho...@drraphaeldthone.onmicrosoft.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Chuck,
>
> I encountered some problems with Keyboard Maestro and Finale 2014 as well –
> although seriously, I would never work without Keyboard Maestro again…. I
> have even prepared a TOUCH OSC Finale template for Keyboard Maestro,
> comparable to Tim Davies’s workflow, using the MIDI trigger function of
> Keyboard maestro.

Hmm.  Don’t know what those are - beyond my pay grade.
> Have you manually recorded the macro? I often combine Recording Macros (i.e.
> Keyboard Maestro records a Click on a particular entry instead of selecting
> the menu) and then using the KBM commands.

I haven’t tried that extensively - did once and ended up with many things I had
to delete (from my own stumbling mousing).  I wonder if this is a good way to
go inside dialog windows that may change screen position.  Perhaps I will try
this method again.  I did send the description of the problem to KM support
(glad to know Peter’s name - often helps) but have not yet heard back from the
Antipodes.

Thanks,

Chuck

> You might want to contact Peter (the software developer) and describe your
> problem. Since he can download a demo version of Finale, he might be able to
> help you.
> pe...@stairways.com.au<mailto:pe...@stairways.com.au>
>
> Best
> Raphael.
>
> Am 28.03.2016 um 19:24 schrieb Chuck Israels
> <cisra...@comcast.net<mailto:cisra...@comcast.net>>:
>
> Hi - especially JD and John, who seem familiar with Keyboard Maestro.
>
> I have been having some real success programming macros with this app - it
> sees (miraculously, I think because Apple opened the door for this) into
> Finale’s menus and sub menus - making things far easier to set up than
> QuicKeys macros.
>
> However, I have found a stumbling block and wonder if you have any helpful
> ideas.
>
> I cannot figure out how to handle the following circumstance:
>
> I select a menu item (Edit…Measure Attributes) and the result is a new window
> (Measure Attributes) in which I must click one of several possible checkboxes
> (e.g. Extra Space at Beginning), then specify a value in the next box (e.g.
> 0.5). Now I assumed that I can tab repeatedly to get to  the correct
> checkbox, and furthermore that I can hit the spacebar repeatedly to cycle
> through the possible states for that box (to check it for instance), and then
> presumably tab to select the next box and type the value in.
>
> Problem is, the macro fails at the point right after the Measure Attributes
> window opens, with the message that "the Menu item Edit…Measure Attributes is
> disabled”!
>
> I have tried everything I can think of and am stymied for the moment.  Any
> ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chuck
>

> Chuck Israels