I have done this many times in the past.  And you’re right, trying to do it in
Finale is a complete waste of time and effort.

I used InDesign but any good writer should work.  I exported examples from
Finale as a tif and then imported into the final doc.  A while back you could
also export as an Adobe Illustrator file, but that option is long gone and it
probably wasn’t used by many.  I think tif is the way to go.  Use the Graphics
tool in Finale and you should be fine.

J D Thomas
ThomaStudios