Dear collective wisdom,

I know how to hide things, either one at a time or with staff styles. When they
are hidden, they show up as opaque white things, and mess up the look of the
page. I know they don’t print, but I like the score I’m working on to look like
it will when I print. Does anyone know how to make hidden things also
transparent, so they are truly hidden on the screen?

I have tried just sliding them out of the way. With rests or dynamics or
articulations, there is usually an empty spot to put them in. But with hidden
notes (say, with one layer hidden because it is playing correctly but another
layer showing because of how I want it to look), they are just in the way. If I
slide them out of the way with special tools, it messes up the spacing.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
David Froom