I own Acrobat, so I'm not looking for a new PDF driver, but your
observation about file sizes is interesting. Finale appears to be using PDF
XChange, which is a fairly well known solution. It may be that Finale is
not using the most compact settings, and they don't expose any of that for
users to tweak.

Thanks,
Aaron.