Thank you very much for your answer so may I ask
 What is the short  ccut to get to smart shapes (from speedy entry ) and
then what is the metaltool to  press to add slurs quickly

 Also I meant to ask in my question when in speedy entry what is the quick
way to add a tie?  at the moment I’m having to press equals which is a bit
clumsy thanks again Martin