That is very very unlikely to ever change.  Steinberg has had a strict stance
on copy protection for a very long time with Cubase and has documented very
well that this is just how it is, and how it will always be.  Of course of
Steinberg goes out of business, which is unlikely to happen any time soon, then
who knows..but overall…it just is what it is.  If you want to use their stuff,
you have to use an elicensor dongle and that is not ever going to change.

I am hugely not a fan of dongles either, and have held a similar stance as you
for a very long time and still do, but recently I decided to buy VSL products,
which are even more strict then steinberg…and I just decided it was worth it to
me to get the dongle and just deal with it like any other product that isn’t
perfect.  I have hardware keyboards that have strange quirks and things I have
to work around also…it just is what it is. Yes my life would be easier without
it, but its not the end of the world, and if you want to use that product, then
it may be worth it.  It was for me with VSL.  Since I already have a dongle
plugged into my machine anyway, I decided to give Dorico a try also.