At 18:51 Uhr -0500 17.11.2002, Benjamin Reed wrote:
On Sunday, November 17, 2002, at 06:25 PM, Carsten Klapp wrote:

Fair enough not to commit this to CVS right now, it potentially effects many packages. Anyway I understand a code freeze was declared to get the new version out so no reason why this cannot wait until the proper time can be dedicated to it.
Not only that, but -j8 could very easily drop people's systems if they've got less-than-latest hardware (especially low-ram systems). -j2 may be a better compromize -- I'd originally added -j4 to the KDE packages, but had a number of users worried by how much it slows down the system, so it's getting changed to -j2 in the newest ones.
I will probably never accept -j8 or -j2 or -j4 in the default Fink flags. There are just to many packages out there that would be broken by this.

Max
Max Horn
Software Developer

email: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>