TheSin wrote:

just cause i want to doc it someplace I've found that in almost everycase this is how you can convert -release to -version-info

in other words ugly (libfoo-0.0.0.dylib, libfoo-0.0.0.0.dylib and libfoo-0.0.0.0.0.0.dylib)
to nice (libfoo.dylib, libfoo.0.dylib and libfoo.0.0.0.dylib)

if you see -release x.y.z replace it with -version-info (x+y):z:y

My mistake, I talked to Peter; -release *is* bad. However, my point stands, you're supposed to switch it to "-version-number" (number, as opposed to info) instead, if possible; it depends on what version of libtool you have whether it's available or not.

-version-number was added specifically to keep people from bastardizing the libtool versioning scheme to force it into the numbers you want, since that can lead to unpredictable results if you don't use libtool's algorithm for modifications to source.

--
Benjamin Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick -- http://ranger.befunk.com/
gpg: 6401 D02A A35F 55E9 D7DD  71C5 52EF A366 D3F6 65FE