Am Dienstag, 09.12.03 um 21:59 Uhr schrieb TheSin:

I think this is true for at least parent, as I explained before I have many users ask where a pkg is, like in the case of mplayer which depends on libavcodec which is in ffmpeg. Fink will say it can't find the depend on libavcodec, and then ppl don't know where to find this.

I don't get what you are trying to say. How the heck would "fink children" or "fink showparent" be used in this situation?!?

Now if it's not in there tree this won't help but I figured the PDB might be able to use it at least
The PDB doesn't use *any* fink command line commands. It access the Fink perl code directly. Bad example :-)

and other then that it's a good devel tool as would fink locate so you know what file it's reading from, which I wanna add next but i wanna wwait to see if you are gonna add a devel space first.

Again you call it yourself a devel command, so I don't see what you are trying to say... :-)

Max