On Jan 9, 2004, at 10:16 AM, Martin Costabel wrote:

The install script for freetype2 moves lib/libfreetype.la into a lib/freetype2/ directory, but that doesn't get installed from %i into %p so there appears to be a problem with that package.

It gets installed into %p when you install the freetype2-dev splitoff. I can't comment on what is necessary for gimp, haven't looked at it.

Nope... in 10.3 anyway, the .dylib symlink is still hidden away in /sw/lib/freetype2/. This is on purpose, because we want fink packages to use apple's freetype2 by default. Fink's freetype2 is 'hidden away' for packages that specifically need that version.

./sw/lib/freetype2/lib/libfreetype.dylib -> /sw/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib

-Ben