On Feb 20, 2005, at 5:09 PM, Alexander K. Hansen wrote:

On Feb 20, 2005, at 4:22 PM, Don McKenzie Paul wrote:

On 20 Feb 2005, at 21:07, Alexander K. Hansen wrote:

<snip>

Am I correct in thinking that this means it is trying to use python form /usr/bin, see line Python='/usr/bin/python' and
configure:1659: found /usr/bin/python
configure:1672: result: /usr/bin/python
configure:1688: checking python requirements
configure:1715: result: no
configure:1717: error: error in python modules dependencies: No module named pygtk
in the above ??? If so, no wonder it can't find pygtk on my system.

Right--that' would indeed do it. You should check whether the configure file will take an argument like --with-python=/sw/bin .

--AH

Alexander
This isn't a programme I'm working on myself, it is a fink package. I was wondering if its my set-up that is somehow wrong or the info file. Dave Morrison is the maintainer and I've cc'd your response to him. Thanks for the information.
Don

Ah--I misspelled it when I first checked the package database!

I'm in the process of downloading dependencies in binary format---I'll follow up when I have more information.

--AH

Following up, I get the same thing:
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for python... /usr/bin/python
checking python requirements... no
configure: error: error in python modules dependencies: No module named pygtk
### execution of ./configure failed, exit code 1
Removing build lock...
dpkg -r fink-buildlock-pybliographer-1.2.4-1
(Reading database ... 46814 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing fink-buildlock-pybliographer-1.2.4-1 ...
Failed: phase compiling: pybliographer-1.2.4-1 failed

Clearly, it's trying to link to the builtin python.

--AH