I would like to figure out if it is ok for me to create a gpl'd package that links against fink's libssl. Looking in unstable/crypto, it looks like there are several packages that do this, yet I have read elsewhere that doing so violates the gpl because openssl's license is not compatible with the gpl. The gpl has an exemption for libraries that are distributed with the operating system, but I'm not sure if that would also cover fink's openssl package. Some enlightenment would be much appreciated :)

http://www.gnome.org/~markmc/openssl-and-the-gpl.html
http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLIncompatibleLibs
http://www.openssl.org/support/faq.html#LEGAL2

thanks,