On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 16:12:33 -0800
Trevor Harmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Also, I generally try to overestimate in deciding what packages go
> into Depends. If I see something only looks like it *might* be a
> dependency, I go ahead and add it. Better to have too many
> dependencies than too few.

I disagree respectfully. I have in the past avoided (trying out) many packages
because the Dep list was unreasonably long. I tend to be minimalist, not the
safest approach undoutedly, but it is worth it in the long run IMHO.

Indirect dependencies in particular can be difficult to track down but will
save a huge amount of compile time to users.

Best Regards,
Rogue

PS: dependencies, isn't that what otool -L is for?