As I said in my previous message, I've been told that while prior to March 30 or so, gfortran has compiled on intel, the gfortran that was built produced incorrect code. That is supposedly fixed in the snapshot.

FWIW, using the gnu March 10, 2006 GCC 4.0.3, gfortran seems to be working well in my hands on intelB.

Most of my ccp4 programs are passing the run-time examples tests with optimization set at -O1 (and two seem to require -O0). This compares favorably to the performance of gfortran-4.1 on my PPC.

I'm going to put the .info file I used for the April 1 snapshot into my experimental directory, in case it is useful for anyone. But note that this should *not* be added to fink until we sort out what to do about the changes in shared libraries.

Thanks.  I'll give it a shot.

Bill