On Jan 29, 2006, at 10:51 , Chris Zubrzycki wrote:

On Jan 29, 2006, at 10:27 AM, Martin Costabel wrote:

BuildSmart wrote:
[]
My installed Apple perl is 5.8.7
mustangrestomods:~ websrvr$ perl -V
Summary of my perl5 (revision 5 version 8 subversion 7) configuration:
  Platform:
    osname=darwin, osvers=8.4, archname=darwin-thread-multi-2level
uname='darwin mustangrestomods.com 8.4.0 Darwin Kernel Version 8.4.0: Tue Jan 3 18:22:10 PST 2006; root:xnu-792.6.56.obj~2/release_ppc power macintosh powerpc '

This uname looks as if your Perl was built by you or by someone at your place on Jan 3. Is this really /usr/bin/perl or some /usr/ local/bin/perl?

If it is /usr/bin/perl, why would you replace apple's supplied perl? /usr is only for the system software maker. /usr/local, /opt/ and others are for the local admins.

I see, so you are now assuming I changed it and that it didn't come on the install media.

The machine is 3 days old, nothing has been replaced, everything installed is from the Government/Corporate install media.

- -chris zubrzycki

-- Dale