ktoblzcheck, a library to verify German bank number/account number
pairs, comes with the most recent data set available from the German
banking system.

Recent versions of ktoblzcheck also have a perl script (well, 2
actually, but one calls the other) that can download newer versions
of the dataset over the net and update the installed version. The
problem is that the script leaves behind the backup of the original
data and the unmodified version of the downloaded update data. So, if
one were to remove ktoblzcheck with fink after doing an update, fink
notifies the user that /sw/share/ktoblzcheck can't be removed because
it isn't empty.

The upstream maintainer has indicated that he would prefer I not
include the scripts in the package -- on the theory that anyone
counting on the package management software for this package probably
isn't going to do a private update anyway (and there have been fairly
regular upstream updates on this library).

Is there an easy way to avoid installing individual built files? I'm
not too keen on trying to patch configure.in or some makefiles.

Dave
--
David Reiser