On Oct 15, 2006, at 7:02 PM, David Reiser wrote:

> ktoblzcheck, a library to verify German bank number/account number
> pairs, comes with the most recent data set available from the German
> banking system.
>
> Recent versions of ktoblzcheck also have a perl script (well, 2
> actually, but one calls the other) that can download newer versions
> of the dataset over the net and update the installed version. The
> problem is that the script leaves behind the backup of the original
> data and the unmodified version of the downloaded update data. So, if
> one were to remove ktoblzcheck with fink after doing an update, fink
> notifies the user that /sw/share/ktoblzcheck can't be removed because
> it isn't empty.
>
> The upstream maintainer has indicated that he would prefer I not
> include the scripts in the package -- on the theory that anyone
> counting on the package management software for this package probably
> isn't going to do a private update anyway (and there have been fairly
> regular upstream updates on this library).
>
> Is there an easy way to avoid installing individual built files? I'm
> not too keen on trying to patch configure.in or some makefiles.
>
> Dave
> --
> David Reiser
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Yes.  Use a custom install script of the form:

InstallScript: <<
  make install prefix=%i
  rm %i/foo1 %i/foo2
<<

Explanation: During the "install" phase of creating a package, fink
is installing files into the directory whose internal abbreviation is
%i: this script will allow the makefile to do its usual thing, and
then will remove unwanted files.  In terms of eventual locations
within the fink tree, you should think of %i as standing for "/sw",
and then give the remainder of the path to foo1 and foo2 (as many
files as needed) in your script.  Note that after the InstallScript
has been executed, fink will package up whatever remains in %i and
create the .deb file which is subsequently used to actually install
things into your fink tree.

   -- Dave