gtkhtml3 and 3.8.15 are in crypto because of a builddepends on
libsoup (and its crypto dependencies). The packaging description
mentions that the crypto portions are only used for testing during
compile. Running otool -L on the gtkhtml library shows no links to
crypto libraries.

Crypto policy says in part "As an extension of this policy, any
package that Depends (or BuildDepends) on such a package must also be
in crypto". Is this extension the kind  for which there is never an
exception? (Like: tests things using crypto libraries but doesn't
implement crypto, and doesn't link to crypto libraries in its binaries.)

If it is a 'no-exceptions' case, how do you feel about my creating
gtkhtml3.8.15nc? nc= no crypto.

I've found that if I strip the crypto dependencies from the info file
and add BuildConflicts: libsoup-everything-but-shlibs,
gtkhtml3.8.15-3.10.2 will build and the resulting library is drop-in
usable for gnucash 2.0.2. I still have to test if gnucash builds
against the nc version.

I really want gnucash 2.x to be eligible for binary distribution.
With the unification of finance-quote, crypt-ssleay, and libofx, it's
down to gtkhtml3.8.15 keeping a really useful base gnucash 2.0.x in
crypto. (direct online banking connections using aqbanking will
always force the 'full' version into crypto).

Dave
--
David Reiser