On Dec 1, 2006, at 12:18 AM, David Reiser wrote:

> On Nov 30, 2006, at 7:36 AM, Chris Zubrzycki wrote:

>> On Nov 29, 2006, at 10:22 PM, David Reiser wrote:
>>
>>> Configure checks for the presence of 2 versions of libsoup, and if
>>> neither is present, testgtkhtml.c isn't compiled. Furthermore, when
>>> it is compiled, it is compiled into the top src directory, and the
>>> current fink implementation does not install testgtkhtml anywhere.
>>> So, it looks to me like we could disable access to libsoup (via
>>> buildconflicts)
>>
>> You don't even need to conflict. Just ignore it, or patch the
>> makefile to remove that line. BuildConflicts aren't fun.
>>

>> - -chris zubrzycki
>
> Hmm. Patching configure or Makefile fits in my list of Not Fun.
> Someone else will have to do it or teach me how to get what I want
> without stomping on something else.

I've been thinking abut this some more, and I've concluded that
"ignore it" is really the right answer.

The only time testgtkhtml is built is if crypto is active and libsoup
is installed. Otherwise, configure checks for libsoup, doesn't find
it, and says 'OK, I'll skip testgtkhtml'. Neither the build nor the
install is disrupted by the absence of libsoup. Since fink doesn't
keep the build directory anyway (usually), there is no existing
circumstance that having or not having libsoup and its crypto
siblings affects the installed version of gtkhtml3.8.15.

Can we delete the crypto dependencies and move gtkhtml3.8.15 out of
crypto?

--
David Reiser