On Nov 29, 2006, at 11:52 AM, Sebastien Maret wrote:

> David Reiser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> [...]
>
>> I've found that if I strip the crypto dependencies from the info file
>> and add BuildConflicts: libsoup-everything-but-shlibs,
>> gtkhtml3.8.15-3.10.2 will build and the resulting library is drop-in
>> usable for gnucash 2.0.2. I still have to test if gnucash builds
>> against the nc version.
>
> Then I guess the question is whether libsoup should be listed as a
> buildep in gtkthml. It it builds without it, and if the binary is
> fully functional, then we can just drop libsoup from the buildeps and
> move it to non crypto. Of course we have to make sure that it is
> usable for all packages that use it, not only gnucash.
>
> Sébastien

Configure checks for the presence of 2 versions of libsoup, and if
neither is present, testgtkhtml.c isn't compiled. Furthermore, when
it is compiled, it is compiled into the top src directory, and the
current fink implementation does not install testgtkhtml anywhere.
So, it looks to me like we could disable access to libsoup (via
buildconflicts), remove all the crypto dependencies, and take
gtkhtml3.8.15 out of crypto without affecting any current package.

If I 'grep -R soup gtkhtml-3.10.2/src', the only place 'soup' appears
is in testgtkhtml.c

If I 'grep -R gtkhtml3.8.15 /sw/fink/10.4', the only packages
depending on gtkhtml3.8.15 are:
gtk-sharp-monodoc
gtk-sharp
gtk-sharp2
(and soon gnucash2)

I also couldn't find the character string 'testgtkhtml' anywhere in
the gtk-sharp... tarball collections. Probably a good thing, since
fink's install of gtkhtml3.8.15 does not contain testgtkhtml (unless
I've screwed up my search methods).

And I have tested building gnucash against the my libsoup-disabled
gtkhtml, and gnucash works just fine. I really wouldn't know how to
adequately test mono.

Dave
--
David Reiser