Hi Martin,

On May 7, 2007, at 5:13 PM, Martin Costabel wrote:

> Benjamin Reed wrote:
> []
>> a) ignore "private" shared libs that have no public API/headers
>
> In the case of root5, aren't all dylibs private, or is there
> another package depending on one of them? I would just scrap the
> whole shlibs splitoff stuff for this package. It isn't worth the
> hassle.

There is no (official) fink package depending on it. Most high energy
physics experiments (and others) using root to build their specific
applications against it. Thus it could be that somewhere somebody
relies on the fact that shlibs of older root version can be kept in
parallel to newer ones. I'm not aware of anybody who started
packaging the experiment specific code into fink package(s), thought.

I guess it wouldn't be too difficult to extend the variant syntax to
the Shlibs field. Is there any show-stopper/stumbling block which I'm
not aware of?

Remi

--
If it's green, it's biology. If it stinks, it's chemistry. If it has
numbers, it's math. If it doesn't work, it's technology. (anonymous)

Remigius K. Mommsen                 e-mail:          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
University of Manchester               URL:    http://cern.ch/mommsen
Fermilab, MS 357                     voice:        ++1 (630) 840-8321
P.O. Box 500                           fax:        ++1 (630) 840-2649
Batavia, Il 60510, US                 home:        ++1 (630) 236-0932