Martin Costabel wrote:
> A strange story that I cannot explain:
>
> I installed Leopard on a dual G5 and then bootstrapped fink-0.27.7. Then
>   I installed tetex which refused to work; no fonts found at all. The
> weird thing is that all 12 files
> /sw/var/lib/texmf/fonts/map/*/updmap/*.map have the same content, namely
> two lines as follows (literally!):

Sorry for the false alarm, turns out this had nothing to do with
Leopard. This was on a partition where I had, years ago, made some tests
and created a little script ~/bin/CAT which produced the above output.
Both bootstrap and the tetex build scripts use a naked "cat" command to
create the files where I saw the problem. Instead of /bin/cat, bash is
happy to execute ~/bin/CAT.