I would note here that coreaudio is still not available in 1.2.10-4
under Tiger.  More seriously the output defaults to OSS, which is not
a dependency.  This causes XMMS to bus error unless or until the user
figures out to change the output mode to ESD, which is a dependency.
Can we change the configuration to default to ESD?  I know this is a
busy time for you guys...

PowerMac G5 1.6 GHz [2 GB mem] Os X.4.11, Apple X11, XCode 2.5, Fink
0.27.6

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular
error.