Peter O'Gorman wrote:
[]
> So the symbol is still there on 10.5, but is private extern? That is,
> indeed, what nmedit is supposed to do. There are other issues with
> nmedit on Leopard (it refuses to strip global coalesced symbols -
> whatever they are) that mean that I will have to patch libtool.

The nmedit command leaves only one exported symbol, get_oplugin_info.
This, when called from xmms after loading the plugin via dlopen(), would
return a structure osx_op, which has osx_about as one of its members. At
the call of get_oplugin_info(), there appears the undefined symbol error.

For all other plugins, this works, but they are built from the xmms
package, and this has the old libtool and does not use nmedit. For these
plugins, the corresponding *_op and *_about symbols are extern. Only the
libOSX.so plugin is built separately with the xmms-coreaudio package and
uses nmedit to turn them into private externs.

> I'll try to get around to building xmms.
>
> In the meantime, does something like this work for you in a patchscript
> (sed script is all on one line)?
>
> sed -e "[EMAIL PROTECTED]@ -exported_symbols_list
> \$output_objdir/\${libname}-symbols.expsym\'@g" < configure > configure.new
> mv configure.new configure

This doesn't match anything in configure. In fact, there are lines with
nmedit in them, but they have a format that I don't understand at all, like:

module_expsym_cmds_GCJ='sed -e "s,#.*,," -e "s,^[    ]*,," -e
"s,^\(..*\),_&," < $export_symbols >
$output_objdir/${libname}-symbols.expsym${_S_}$CC -bundle $archargs
$allow_undefined_flag  -o $lib $libobjs
$deplibs$compiler_flags${_S_}nmedit -s
$output_objdir/${libname}-symbols.expsym ${lib}'

This is all one line and there is no space in front of nmedit. I don't
know how this is transformed into three separate command lines later on,
but it is.