Koen van der Drift wrote:
> Ah, thanks - I probably don't have the X11 SDK installed, I will have to
> check when I'm back home tonight. Or could it be related to having X11
> installed from http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki (I have 2.1.1) ?

If you have 2.1.1, you do have the SDK, but you might want to look
whether you have /usr/X11/bin/xmkmf. This is not included - by purpose -
in the latest macosforge/xquartz updates, and quite a few configure
scripts don't correctly identify the X11 installation if it is absent.

Look in config.log whether configure correctly finds /usr/X11[R6]/lib
and /usr/X11[R6]/include. If not, you can use flags like
--x-includes=/usr/X11R6/include --x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib to help
find X11.