On 24 May 2008, at 09:43, Martin Costabel wrote:

> As a conclusion from a long thread on fink-users "More
> 'Discoveries' on
> pwlib1", I suggest to remove the fileutils package from 10.4/stable.
>
> It had already been killed once in July 2006 and was reinstated only
> because the coreutils package that had caused its removal had itself
> some problems at that time.
>
> Currently, fileutils survives only in the stable tree. It serves no
> purpose, is only causing trouble and should therefore be killed.

Had come to the same conclusion, and would have done it myself,
except that I had no idea about possible special rules about the stable
tree (never touched it I think)>

At the same time or before, the coreutils pkg of the unstable tree
should
be moved to the stable tree _ to provide there an a successor to
fileutils,
and because it is not sound to have in the 2 trees 2 quite different
pkgs
with same name and fullversion.

Jean-Francois

PS: Please go ahead Martin if no objection comes.