Hi folks,

I have no problem if my fileutils package gets ditched, I am using
coreutils myself.

As for the unstable tree: Indeed, the first thing I do when installing
fink for somebody somewhere is to enable unstable. Now given my semi-
retired status, I don't want to mess up live for my fellow and more
active co-admins, however, I tend to agree with Martin there... Stable
seems to be a big mess these days. Sp maybe it's indeed best to move
unstable to stable, and pango-cairo to unstable... and then finally
get a 10.5 release out there, even if it's not perfect yet (it will
never be perfect anyway ;-).

In fact, it would be so much nicer if we could make full stable
releases every 6-12 months. Now, please do not take this as a
complaint -- I know how much *HARD* work making a release is (and am
damn happy that I don't have that job anymore). We really need a way
to make that a lot easier... and rather sooner than later...

Cheers,
Max