Max Horn wrote:
[]
> So, the "missing symlink" is indeed back (i.e. Apple has fixed the bug on
> its part), but libtool is translating a -lXrandr to an explicit
> /usr/X11/lib/libXrandr.2.0.0.dylib. I have not yet discovered why it does
> that, though *sigh*.

Usually libtool takes what it finds in the corresponding *.la file.
That was always the origin of the problem, that libXrandr.la had a last
entry in its library_names line (which is what libtool uses) which did
not correspond to the really existing files or symlinks.

I have the suspicion that someone at Apple's is doing these symlinks in
/usr/X11/lib by hand. Pogma says they are created by Apple's in-house
version of gnu libtool, but they are so weird and useless - except for
causing occasional linker crashes - that I find it hard to believe that
they are created by an automatic and deterministic tool.